Welcome to the 2016-2017 school year! The Junction Elementary PTC Board Members are excited to serve our school and hope you will join us in making this year a success by joining the PTC. We invite you to become a member of the Junction Elementary PTC by purchasing a family membership. The cost is $100 per family, it’s good for one year, and your tax-deductible contribution goes directly to the students at Junction Elementary. Here are some of the amazing ways PTC funds support our school. Included is each program’s estimated cost for this year.
- Added Classroom Technology $25,000
- Accelerated Reader Program $1,000
- Classroom, Office, & Teacher Resources $6,950
- Art Programs $1,500
- Books & Beyond Program $1,000
- Reading Incentives $500
- School-wide Assembly Costs $3,500
- School Socials & Club Expenses $3,500
- P.E. Equipment $1,000
As a member of PTC, you’re entitled to vote on important issues presented at our monthly meetings. The PTC general meetings will be held quarterly, and are open for everyone to attend (free childcare is provided for any child who is potty trained).
Volunteers are the backbone of a successful PTC, and we ask that you consider volunteering for one of our many committees that form throughout the year. In addition to helping the students, school, and teachers, you will have an opportunity to meet other parents and make new friends. Be sure to take a look at our events calendar to help you plan this years school year. To receive quick reminders and other fun information, “like” our fan page on Facebook.
Still wondering why you should join the PTC?
- It benefits your child and your school – More than 85 academic research studies, conducted over the past 30 years, prove that kids do better when parents are involved. Grades are higher. Test scores improve. Attendance increases.
- You’ll become an informed parent – Parents involved in PTC understand the challenges schools face and become part of the solution. They support improving education, both locally and legislatively. By developing a closer relationship with parents, student achievement improves, and the school develops a positive reputation in the community.
- You get connected and add your voice to others – There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school. Regularly scheduled meetings are an opportunity for you to share information with other members. Because PTC is a forum for exchanging ideas, you are encouraged to make suggestions and effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
- It results in school improvement – By getting involved at your child’s school, you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. The PTC plays an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs and social events, all vital to a school’s success.
- It makes you a good role model – By becoming a PTC member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
Extended family, neighbors and friends can also be members, not just parents and guardians! If you know of someone that is not a parent or guardian of a student at Junction, please have them download a membership form at our website www.junctionptc.com and return it to the school office.
For additional questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org . Thank you in advance for your consideration! For detailed information on the PTC budget and status regarding our goals, please come to our December General Meeting.